Glad you found us!
AARP Oregon is a proud sponsor of the 2019 National Cohousing Conference. We welcome you to join us at the conference and find us at the exhibit hall to learn about AARP activities in Oregon and throughout the nation. There are some great age-friendly, aging and intergenerational living related sessions planned at the conference.
Not attending the whole conference? No worries. Join us for either of the FREE community events planned during the conference. Don’t miss the May 31 public talk by award-winning architect and co-housing pioneer Grace Kim and June 2 co-housing community open houses!
AARP has featured many articles about cohousing over the years:
- Cohousing: A Growing Concept in Communal Living
- 20 Questions About Cohousing, Multigenerational Housing
- Intergenerational Cohousing, Community Home Living – Retirement
- Elder Cohousing; Senior Housing, Retirement Option
- Cohousing for Older Adults
- Fact Sheet: Cohousing for Older Adults
- Age-Friendly Housing Options, Aging in Place, Retirement Communities
FREE Friday Night Public Event
This is a great opportunity for those new to cohousing and living in the Portland area. Learn about Cohousing: Creating Community One Neighborhood at a Time, at this free public talk by Grace Kim. This free public talk will be held at Eliot Chapel.
FREE Cohousing Open Houses
Seven cohousing communities will be holding open houses from 3:30 – 5 pm on Sunday June 2 (Green Grove – 2 pm- 6 pm). Stop by after the Conference, meet more cohousers, take a tour, view homes and find out more about how cohousing really operates.