Community for the Health of it
2019 National Cohousing Conference
May 30 – June 2, 2019 Portland, Oregon
Something for everyone —
those exploring the idea, newly forming groups or existing communities.
• Cohousing Bus Tours & Open Houses
• 2-days of Pre-Conference Intensives
• Multiple Tracks of sessions: Build It – Live It – Sustain It
• Facilitated Discussions
• Networking Opportunities
Courtney E. Martin
Courtney Martin has been called “one of our most insightful culture critics and one of our finest young writers” by Parker Palmer, and her writing has been described as “varied, transformational, and necessary for us all” by Jane Fonda and “a hardcover punch in the gut” by Arianna Huffington.
Courtney is a weekly columnist for On Being, a Peabody Award-winning public radio conversation, podcast, and Webby Award-winning website. Her newest book, The New Better Off: Reinventing the American Dream, explores how people are redefining the American dream (think more fulfillment, community, and fun, less debt, status, and stuff).
When she isn’t working, she is hanging with her neighbors in Temescal Commons, a co-housing community in Oakland, riding bikes with her husband and collaborator, John Cary, and her daughters, Stella and Maya (named after all the visionary Mayas like Maya Lin and Maya Angelou), ravenously reading, watching depressing documentaries, or creating unselfconscious dance parties with her amazing friends.
- Registration officially opens early/mid January. At that time we’ll have the full schedule posted.
- For those planning ahead the Early Bird registration fee will be $375 for the conference only. This does not include tours or intensives or your accommodations.
- We have not officially set the date when Early Bird goes away. The full price for the conference will be $445 at that time.
- There is not a mailing list specifically for the conference. If you are already on the CohoUS e-mail list you’ll hear about registration opening. If you are not, you may subscribe to be added to the list.
- More questions? Please use our contact form.